The Front Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Front Runner

Sports Talk Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION

Go down 
+2
Covkid
tinny88
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  Empty
PostSubject: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Are you the main man/woman across the comp boards?

If so your loyalty and punting skills could well be rewarded as could the Injured Jockeys Fund at the end of 2013.

Details to follow.....................................
Back to top Go down
tinny88
CHAMPION
CHAMPION
tinny88

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:32 am

well obviously I aint retired....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Sleep ......lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 pm

The top 3 placed members in every major comp thoughout the year will be given points and at the end of 2013 the Frontrunner Champ will be revealed cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 pm

By the way Covkid and Tinny88 are currently leading the way..............
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Can't stop them Midlands boys..........
Back to top Go down
tinny88
CHAMPION
CHAMPION
tinny88

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Covkid wrote:
Can't stop them Midlands boys..........

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frankiebluemoon
NIJINSKY
NIJINSKY
frankiebluemoon

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 pm

philcanary wrote:

I'm not surprised. Those two would turn up at the opening of a fridge door if there was a prize available... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:52 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm

frankiebluemoon wrote:
philcanary wrote:

I'm not surprised. Those two would turn up at the opening of a fridge door if there was a prize available... Laughing

Too right Frankie.........times are hard........
Back to top Go down
tinny88
CHAMPION
CHAMPION
tinny88

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 am

frankiebluemoon wrote:
philcanary wrote:

lol! lol! good job I'm just about to harpooned on this beach frankie lad Laughing
It's all about taking part . Others should follow suit .........anyway off to be ragged about by some of these twats at sunny beach lol!
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 am

is there a table anywhere chaps??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm

puppy wrote:

yes there is one in my kitchen i am sat at it now studing the racing post and eating a sandwhich. lol!
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:35 pm

egg and cress mate??

i just had a couple of cheese findus crispy pancakes washed down with a bag of smoky bacon and a slice of Jamaica ginger cake Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

#stuffed
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:48 pm

puppy wrote:
egg and cress mate??

i just had a couple of cheese findus crispy pancakes washed down with a bag of smoky bacon and a slice of Jamaica ginger cake Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

#stuffed

My how the rich & famous live heh..........

I guess tonight it's out for a Babycham & spray tan.............the fun never ends.....
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 pm

well the plan is for a mixed grill and a few cold girlsbergs @ the romany rye in dereham..

the cold hard truth is it'll probably end up being a carling and usa chicken followed by a quicky on yaxham road layby Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

either way i'll be happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

puppy wrote:

Patience dude Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:29 pm

After 6 months the Leaderboard stands as follows:

10 - Reddog
8 - Covkid
7 - Tinny88
6 - Frankiebluemoon
5 - Lazarus
5 - Philcanary
3 - Hotnspicy
3 - Puppy
2 - Heartbeat
1 - Conga
1 - Hodgy89
1 - Jayne
1 - Makeastand
1 - Nobby
1 - Steve75

Don't forget the more comps you enter the more chance you have of being our Annual Champion...Still loads of more points on offer over the 2nd half of the year Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
frankiebluemoon
NIJINSKY
NIJINSKY
frankiebluemoon

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:48 pm

philcanary wrote:

Don't forget the more comps you enter the more chance you have of being our Annual Champion...Still loads of more points on offer over the 2nd half of the year Twisted Evil 

Equally true though mate if you can't manage to enter every comp or post every day there is very little chance of winning this is there?
Maybe it should be best 8 out of 10 or 10 out of 12 comps (depending how many count) as someone who even misses two days of a comp is affected on that comp, the overall comp and the naps comp.
Just thinking out loud how it could be worked out fairer instead of being penalised for missing a couple of days here and there and no disrespect to Phil or the others who run comps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:50 pm

To be fair Frankie only the major Nags, Footy and Dogs comps have counted so far plus Tinny's Decathlon Comp. Its only a bit of fun and the winner will have a chance to make a bit of cash for the IJF as well as themselves hopefully
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 pm

I think also Frankie that with today's communications its almost possible to play from anywhere .............that is if you want to.........

I travel a lot with my job........including overseas & still manage to get online most days.....I have to for work emails, etc.

Tinny was on holiday in Bulgaria & still managed to play every day........its all down to whether you want to or not. I've missed a comp due to holiday because my wife insisted no computer on holiday..........so I got an IPhone........

At the end of the day if its something you want to do you'll find a way..........even if it means texting to someone else to post.
Back to top Go down
frankiebluemoon
NIJINSKY
NIJINSKY
frankiebluemoon

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Great if you can though Malc. I'm lucky i have a fellow comp entrant who will post mine up for 2 weeks while i'm on holiday. I'll be on a cruise in the middle of the med somewhere and apart from the fact that horse racing will be one of the furthest things from my mind, on board T'Internet is also £2.50 activation charge plus 35p a minute or 50p a minute pay as you go. I have been assured i can call home from the ship for £1.40 per minute.
Needless to say, comps on here will not be high on my agenda, as i assume would be the same for most other sane people Shocked 
Like i said, i was thinking out loud and not just criticising for the sake of it.
To be honest, the weekly comp is a prime example for me. If something more important comes up in life like a family member taken ill or just work getting in the way and it means that member can't or doesn't post that day or for a couple of days, then he or she is penalised in that current weekly comp, the current overall comp for that weekly score and the naps comp scheduled at that time.
We do the best 4 out of 5 for the weekly comp. Why can't it be done for the others?
Like i said, just my thoughts.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Can't believe you'd cough up all that wonga for a cruise & still be too tight to pay for tinternet.............only joking pal.

I guess whatever system you come up with will always have a problem ........to me the biggest thing it does is discourage new members getting involved. Unless you are in from the start you've got no chance.............in fact having an annual comp really doesn't achieve much at all. But Phil's doing his bit to help a worthwhile charity.
Back to top Go down
frankiebluemoon
NIJINSKY
NIJINSKY
frankiebluemoon

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am

Covkid wrote:
Can't believe you'd cough up all that wonga for a cruise & still be too tight to pay for tinternet.............only joking pal.

I guess whatever system you come up with will always have a problem ........to me the biggest thing it does is discourage new members getting involved. Unless you are in from the start you've got no chance.............in fact having an annual comp really doesn't achieve much at all. But Phil's doing his bit to help a worthwhile charity.

I realise the priority of the IJF idea is to raise money rather than provide winning funds and no objections whatsoever on that. I agree with the new members bit too. Same even with the Goals Galore comp. If people miss one week or even two, they are basically handicapped giving everyone else a potential decent lead.
Maybe that needs looking at.
With the naps league, missing a week is like having 5 losers on the trot. You can pick up the difference, but you are then looking at outsiders as opposed to horses you might fancy at a shorter price.
I know that every system has it's flaws but by the same rule some flaws can be ironed out.

cheers 

As for the wonga and the internet, never mind the thoughts of what my missus would say, if i am on a 12 night med cruise and i am logging on to The Front Runner every day not just to post my choices up but to study form as well, i'd expect the captain to clap me in irons or make me walk the plank.
In fact, i'd fookin volunteer it myself. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Ha !

Hope you have a great cruise mate !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 am

Updated after Goodwood:

12 - Covkid
10 - Reddog
8 - Lazarus
7 - Tinny88
6 - Frankiebluemoon
5 - Philcanary
5 - Puppy
3 - Hotnspicy
3 - Jacksummer
2 - Heartbeat
1 - Conga
1 - Hodgy89
1 - Jayne
1 - Makeastand
1 - Nobby
1 - Steve75

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION    ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION  Empty

Back to top Go down

ANNUAL FRONTRUNNER COMPETITION CHAMPION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Front Runner :: Miscellaneous Archives-
Jump to: