The Front Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Front Runner

Sports Talk Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our Conor - Horrid Fall

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Our Conor - Horrid Fall Empty
PostSubject: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Hoping for the best but didn't look good  Sad 
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 pm

game over i think mate, jelly beans that hit the floor  pale pale 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:42 pm

think he might be ok lets hope so Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:47 pm

15:44
Our Conor is reportedly up on his feet but I can't see for the screens. Let's hope he's okay - he's still being treated as I type.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:50 pm

RIP Our Conor  Sad 
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm

nite nite our conor  Sad Sad 

rip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:03 pm

bugger was hoping he was ok R.I.P
Back to top Go down
thecharlatan
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
thecharlatan

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Evil or Very Mad Sad 

R.I.P.

Our Conor lost his life despite veterinary treatment following a fall in the Stan James Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham.

The brilliant winner of last year's Triumph Hurdle suffered serious injuries when taking an awful tumble for Danny Mullins at the third light and hampering The New One.

The horse was treated for back injuries for some time before vets took the decision to humanely put down the five-year-old.

Trained by Dessie Hughes, Our Conor was bought by Barry Connell after winning the Triumph by 15 lengths 12 months ago.

Connell said: "It's is very sad, as he was such a young horse at the beginning of his career.

"He had already shown what enormous potential he had. I've not seen the fall yet, so I'm not exactly sure what happened. Danny said they went smart for the first few furlongs and then steadied it up.

"It is unusual for him, as jumping has been his forte and it was such a surprise to see him come down.

"The vets were very good, and I have to say that they gave him every chance, but there was nothing that could be done.

"It's unfortunate, but it goes with the territory - in this game one minute you can have a winner and the next one of your horses can die.

"They gave him sedatives straight away so he was in no pain, and they did everything possible to save him. Everything was top class.

"I've been in this game 40 years, and one of the reasons everyone loves it is that the highs are very high and the lows are very low.

"I've always admired him. He was only a baby and we knew that if he got placed this year we would be coming back next year with an even better chance."
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm

knew he was gone the moment he hit the ground.. horrible fall  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

spoilt the day for me a bit, was impressed with jp mcmanus more worried about our conor than winning the race  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Conor - Horrid Fall   Our Conor - Horrid Fall Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Conor - Horrid Fall
Page 1 of 1