The Front Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Front Runner

Sports Talk Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buzzing to be part of epic clash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

Buzzing to be part of epic clash Empty
PostSubject: Buzzing to be part of epic clash   Buzzing to be part of epic clash EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Buzzing to be part of epic clash 33200
Big Buck's should have everything in his favour in the World Hurdle
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

Buzzing to be part of epic clash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzing to be part of epic clash   Buzzing to be part of epic clash EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 pm

TODAY is one of the biggest days of the week for me as I have the privilege to ride Big Buck's in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle, and I fancy him to run a massive race.

At school I used to watch Big Buck's and used to think how I would love to ride him. Now I have that chance.

I'm looking forward to it, and it's nice to have another good chance to get on the scoreboard after being so unlucky with The New One in the Champion Hurdle. He's in good form by the way, enjoying himself at home.

Big Buck's was beaten when I rode him the first time after he had been off a long while, but Paul [Nicholls] says he has come on a lot for that run. He just got tired at the end that day so he has to be given a lot of respect now.

I'm trying to approach it like I would any other race. There is no point stressing about it. I will go out and try my best.

I expect we'll go out there and do our own thing, as he is proven in the race and at the trip. Annie Power might be favourite but she needs to show she stays, and we have everything else in our favour.

I really hope we can get up there again on the roll of honour as he's such a brilliant horse.

Yesterday was a great day for racing when Sire De Grugy won the Champion Chase and we decided to give Jamie Moore a guard of honour when he came back in.

We decided among ourselves during the race that it would be nice to go out and congratulate him as he's a real grafter, driving thousands of miles every year.

He really deserved it and it was nice to show our support. It's good for racing to have results like that, and the Moore family work really hard as a team. The result shows what they can do when they have a good horse.

Apart from Big Buck's, I have a solid book of rides today, including Double Ross in the JLT Novices' Chase and Kauto Stone in the Ryanair Chase.

Both have decent chances of getting a bit of prize-money, while I'm hoping Pineau De Re and Act Of Kalanisi can also run good races in handicaps, although they are always very competitive.
Back to top Go down

Buzzing to be part of epic clash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Front Runner :: Miscellaneous Archives-
Jump to: