There will be a couple of changes to last year’s rules regarding placing their bet but most of the other rules apply ...
01) Each week entrants will pick EIGHT matches (from the Premiership, Championship, Division One, Division Two, Scottish Premier & Conference only unless not enough matches) where they think that both teams will score. I will put up the matches that you are to choose from for the Saturday only.
02) Points are scored for each successful pick, 1 point per correct pick, if all eight are correct an additional bonus of 4 points will be added to the persons score for that week giving them 12 points for that weekend.
03) The competition will run from 8th August 2015 until May 7th 2016. A couple of midweek fixtures will be added. This will make the competition run for 40 weeks in total. All returns will go into the kitty.
04) Your choices must be posted on the appropriate thread by 12pm on Saturday morning or they will be classed as void and not entered.
05) Once posted there will be no editing or alterations, or your entry will be classed as void. IF BAD WEATHER CAUSES POSTPONEMENTS, no one should be penalised for posting early. There will be a lucky dip match to cover your postponed match. Lucky dip No's for postponements will be (in order of the fixtures i print) Match 5, Match 15, Match 25, and Match 35. Non posts will be covered by these matches. 5, 6, 15, 16, 25, 26, 35 & 36. Only TWO non posts will be allowed to be changed via the lucky dip method during the 40 rounds. After that, it will be a no post.
06) Bets. Slight change for this season. People will place a £10 Bet on the GG coupon. If they want to place a £7 bet each turn and make the deficit up on the last go, that will be acceptable.
Any returns from the above will be split between prize money for the top 3 and prize money for ALL other entrants. This seemed to work well last season where everyone who stuck it out got something back. The breakdown of any returns will be as follows:-
Returns split 80/20. 80% split between the top 3, 20% between the others.
Top 3’s 80% split this way.
other entrants 20% of total returns shared.
(Examples would be a) £200 total returns, winner would get £96.00, runner up £48.00 and 3rd would get £16.00. All others would get the £40 divided accordingly. If there were another 6, they would get £6.66 each. If there were another 8, they would get £5 each. b) £300 returns, winner would get £144.00, runner up £72.00 and 3rd £24.00. If there were another 6, they would get a tenner each and £7.50 each if there were another 8.
08) The comp will finish on Saturday 7th of May and will last 40 rounds.
09) Anyone planning on going away for a week or fortnight before the thread is up, send me a PM or e-mail me at my screen name + sky.com with your selections.
Have a read and any suggestions give me a shout.