The Front Runner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Front Runner

Sports Talk Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New One on song for Aintree

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

New One on song for Aintree Empty
PostSubject: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 am

The New One remains firmly on target for a second tilt at the Doom Bar Aintree Hurdle following his luckless run at the Cheltenham Festival.

New One on song for Aintree The-New-One-Dec-2013-Cheltenham_3098645
The New One: Aintree target

Nigel Twiston-Davies' stable star was stopped in his tracks by the fall of the ill-fated Our Conor in last Tuesday's Champion Hurdle, but rallied tremendously well in the hands of the trainer's son, Sam, to finish third.

The six-year-old was narrowly beaten by Zarkandar as a novice in last year's Aintree Hurdle and with Champion Hurdle one-two Jezki and My Tent Or Yours unlikely to head for Merseyside, The New One is set to be a hot favourite on April 3.

Twiston-Davies said: "The New One is 100 per cent, no problems at all.

"Hopefully he'll go to Aintree, that's the idea.

"I'm not sure what else will be running (in the Aintree Hurdle).

"We'll just have to wait and see."

Double Ross put in a superb effort to finish a close third in the JLT Novices' Chase and will also be part of the Aintree team.

As will Same Difference, who is bound for the Crabbie's Grand National after finishing fifth in the defence of his title in the Kim Muir.

"He (Double Ross) was very good and he'll be going to Aintree as well, all being well, but I'm not sure which race he'll run in," said the Naunton-based trainer.

"Same Difference ran all right and we're very much looking forward to the National with him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Won but i felt the horse was not at it's best here Chelters probably taken it's toll with regards to this horse i remain undecided about it chances for next years champion hurdle.
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:36 pm

must admit i thought he left a bit @ chelters  pale pale 
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Am I right in thinking the Aintree race was further than the Chelters one.............?

Chelters was more his trip.
Back to top Go down
puppy
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY
puppy

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Covkid wrote:
Am I right in thinking the Aintree race was further than the Chelters one.............?

Chelters was more his trip.

Date Pos Wt BHA Race details Jockey Trainer Winner DB SP
03/04/14 1/7 11-7 167 Ain 20f Gd C1 S Twiston-Davies N A Twiston-Davies The New One 4/9
11/03/14 3/9 11-10 167 Chel 16f Gd/Sft C1 S Twiston-Davies N A Twiston-Davies Jezki 2¾ 10/3

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Covkid
AMBASSADOR
AMBASSADOR
Covkid

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thought so............unless something comes out of Ireland he's the One....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New One on song for Aintree   New One on song for Aintree Empty

Back to top Go down

New One on song for Aintree
Page 1 of 1